For all my coffee aficionados, head on over to my Pinterest for more Java goodness
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Anyone that knows me well knows about my affinity to coffee. Im almost embarrassed to admit it but even my son's preschool teacher knows about my love for Java. Hey have to get threw morning drop off's somehow! With the onset of this pregnancy though I must say my taste for coffee has lagged a bit. Im sure it is my body's way of not adding the extra caffeine to my system. Im nearing my 8th month now and have started to make a truce with my tastebuds. Food I adverted from in the beginning of the pregnancy I am now starting to make nice with again. And foods I definitely should not have been eating, but could not help myself from chowing down on, have begun to lose its luster for me (thank goodness...cravings are no joke! Just sayin). So in honor of my palette normalizing itself and National Coffee Day (which was yesterday incase you didn't know) here are some ridiculously good recipes to try infusing some java deliciousness.
Friday, September 19, 2014
Now that you've read the big announcement on yesterday's post you'll understand why I have not just motherhood but house/home on the brain. A lethal combo for a woman who's in full nesting mode. As I Pinned away this week, I really felt a strong connection to all things earthy, clean, and chill. Im loving the varying tones of whites, greys, taupes, with pops of evergreen. Thinking of this color combo for the exterior of our new home. We'll see...
1. These Hanging Air Plant Planters by Mud Puppy are everything!
2. I've already purchased these Mr and Mrs Artwork by LuLu and Drew and can't wait to display them on either side of our nightstands. Love them!
3. I've been a big fan of Pamela's Nest for a while now and have given some of her beautiful clay pieces as gifts. Loving these Ring Holders and Jewelry Trays engraved with a little bit of love. Such a sweet reminder of love and positivity and of course a great place to hold your rings before bedtime.
4. I still haven't decided how modern I want to go with baby girls nursery but loving this wire rocking chair for a clean and modern feel. I didn't find this exact one but found some great chairs with this look here, here and here.
Be sure to follow along on Pinterest
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Well actually we bought a piece of property on a plot of land. We had all the intensions of renovating and expanding the existing home but after much deliberation all parties agreed that building and starting from scratch would be the way to go. We knew it would be a huge undertaking but how gratifying will it be to know you've built your home from scratch and laid the foundation down for all the beautiful memories that will be made within those walls? We've been pretty busy with interviews, and meetings with contractors, architects, etc...But we've finally passed the most daunting part of the process and have solidified our general contractor. Permits have been ordered and issued and the digging has begun. Im so excited to share this process with all of you!
Holy Christmas Trees!
So proud of this man...
Bitter sweet day...but looking forward to building our own memories here
Now time to pick out bathroom tiles and kitchen countertops...this is where the fun begins
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
I've heard over and over again that things get much easier with your second pregnancy. Well, Im still waiting for the "easier" part to kick in. I think my body just says 'you've been there done that so lets just get the ball rollin shall we?'. Its amazing how my body has adapted to being pregnant so quickly! Im in my third trimester now, 29 weeks to be exact, and, my belly looks just as big as the day I was ready to deliver Aleksandar. Guess that's the way it is once your body knows what it's doing and what's coming next. Its pretty amazing when you think about it. Although, Im still toting around in heels (yes, I know...Im insane), I have taken such a fondness to flats this summer. I especially love these MYSUELLY leather sandals. I wanted a pair JUST like these and scored them on sale on Gilt right before the summer began. So happy with my purchase!
Top similar here by Theory//H&M Maternity Pants//MUSUELLY Sandals//Alex & Ani Necklace//Bracelet similar here//Cartier Watch
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Contrary to what you may have seen on Instagram, I am actually really into comfort with this baby bump. I still love my heels but do tend to save them for special occasions. My everyday wear looks a lot more like this comfy outfit that I wore to a meeting in Southampton for an "End Of Summer Soiree" I am designing for clients. How cute is this little town???
Friday, August 15, 2014
Its been a whirl wind of a week but no complaints here because yesterday I went into my 24th week of pregnancy. Meaning, Im 6 months preggo! For those of you that are wondering why in the heck Im so elated. Well...this is the month where any remaining morning sickness subsides. You finally get your energy back, and when nesting becomes a priority. This is when the fun begins!
1. I haven't yet settled on the colors of baby girl's nursery but how cool would this Neon Pink Faux Taxidermy Zebra Head by White Faux Taxidermy look against a fresh white wall over the crib? Love!
2. I can't with this argon patterned onesie & blanket set by Little Hip Squeaks. Im obsessed with their stuff...
3. If I decide to go fully modern and clean in the nursery, I'd definitely go with this modular Joya Rocker by Monte
4. Bright Pink + Moccasins + Itty Bitty Little Feet= Sweet Perfection, Moccasins by Freshly Picked
Friday, August 8, 2014
Im a sucker for good photography. Photography, much like floral design, lends itself to opportunities for creating moments. This week I found myself pining over beautiful images that produced a sense of stillness and a sense of calm in this often times chaotic life. Its funny where and how we can feel at peace isn't it?
1. I often times find myself scrolling through Bri Emery's blog when I need a jilt of inspiration, this time though, I discovered a whole new reason to marvel at her beautiful blog. I could literally sit with a cup of coffee and stay in Bri's Design Love Fest for hours.
2. Fresh blooms, I love them, whats new? But the way Mimi Thorisson gathered these undeniably gorgeous flowers and styled them just so is so impactful.
3. Am I the only one that finds serenity in this image? Its bright and colorful and naturally tossed about but the moment exudes peace to me. No? Oh well, guess Im alone on this one. Lol...Get the DIY for these painted hangers over at Wet Paint.
4. Doesn't she look like she is floating in this image? Her dress reminds me of the ocean. The way the photographer caught this moment is simply breathtaking. Not sure what its called but I'd name it "The Floating Girl". Image via Pinterest
Be sure to follow along on Pinterest
Happy weekend everyone!